A Malibu’ Affair
A Sunday brunch at my friend Duncan’s home in Malibu.
A perfect setting for doing simple cooking, while sipping a cold glass of prosecco and enjoying the wonderful company and breath taking views. The reality is that, special moments, are always created with the simplest ingredients and products available. Just some Roasted Tuscan Tomatoes (recipe at the bottom of the post) can go a long way to make a regular afternoon very, very memorable.
Buon Appetito friends!
Matthew and Duncan
Oven Roasted Tomatoes
ROASTED TUSCAN TOMATOES
Roasted Tuscan Tomatoes - Perfect with a nice grilled steak or pork chops
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ripe egg tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- Fresh Oregano, Rosemary, Sage, Basil
- 2 cloves of fresh Garlic
- teaspoon of fennel seeds
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Lightly grease a grill tray with olive oil or line with foil or non-stick baking paper.
- Place the tomatoes, cut-side up, on the tray. Brush the cut side of tomatoes with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
- Place under preheated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Before serving sprinkle on top a finely chopped mixture of rosemary, sage, basil, fennel seeds, fresh garlic and fresh oregano.
- Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil, grated Parmigiano Reggiano and serve warm or at room temperature.